36 12
發新話題
打印

如果真係打e個新無縫波,我真係改打其他球類運動仲好

有冇化學高手可解釋???

Celluloid is the combination of a relatively low nitrate level nitro cellulose and camphor.  The camphor is what you smell when you break open a ball.

Cellulose fibers are used to make nitrocellulose.  Typical fibers are cotton or wood pulp.  Yes, the same fibers used to make newspaper, facial tissue and your underwear (cotton). Cellulose fibers surround us.  Plants are about 30% cellulose fibers.  Lots of things are made from cellulose fibers and they aren't being banned.  In fact, some manufactures are promoting cellulose as a replacement for more dangerous or less environmentally friendly products such as asbestos and fiberglass.  You can get cellulose insulation for your home and concrete that is reinforced with cellulose fibers.

Nitrocellulose is made worldwide and there is no impending ban or any indication that its manufacture will be reduced in any significant degree.  Nitrocellulose is used for the making of inks, gunpowder and propellants, and nail polish and a few other things.

Here is but one company - in the U.K. that makes nitrocellulose.
http://www.nitrocellulose.com/index.html
Here's another company.
http://www.dow.com/dowwolff/en/c ... cellulose/index.htm

Nitrocellulose is typically shipped in containers where it is wetted with water or alcohol precisely because of its volatile nature.  Wet things don't tend to put fibers in the air - not that it would matter much anyway.  There are many kinds of protective gear that modern factory workers wear when there are airborne hazards anyway.  Many things are hazardous.  Modern man has, however, manages to successfully deal with many such things.  We drive in cars with many gallons of very flammable fuel and live in electrified houses.

I contacted a Japanese company that supplies celluloid for table tennis ball manufacturers.  They said that the notion that the hazards of celluloid being the same as for asbestos is imagined.

Celluloid production has diminished not because of hazards, but because for most applications, better (which might mean simply cheaper or might mean actually performs better) materials have been developed. That has been the case for some time.  I find it hard to believe that table tennis manufacturers know less about how to run their businesses than does Adham Sharara.  I doubt seriously that they needed him to tell them of any impending problem with the making of celluloid table tennis balls.  They aren't idiots.  They know they can't sell rubber, blades, tables and so forth if there are no balls to play with.  Nonetheless, apparently it took Adham's prodding get them to once again try seriously to come up with a different ball.

I seriously hope that the new ball has as many advantages as it does disadvantages.  Because frankly, if we are going to get railroaded into this change - as seems to be the case - I'd like for it not to be a disaster.

I find it hard to believe that celluloid manufacturing has been banned in any country.  The reason is simple.  Nitrocellulose is made all over the world, including in the U.K. and that's the dangerous/volatile component.  Combining it with camphor doesn't make it more dangerous, it makes it less so.  Celluloid manufacturing almost surely has become a niche activity because of the lack of demand.  Is there any wonder that it is being made primarily in China, Korea, and Japan - three countries where table tennis is quite popular?

The ITTF put out a pure fiction when they said that there was a worldwide ban on celluloid.  Even Adham must admit that was not true.  Though even then he's saying that was an oversimplification.  I'd like to point out that "fiction" does not equal "oversimplification."

One of their officials also put out the fiction that celluloid (or did he say nitro-cellulose?) production is 80% the same as nitro-glycerin.  That's another fiction.  Adham is associating cellulose fibers (I grew up next to cotton fields - egad!!) with asbestos.  Seems like a lot of hype being associated to celluloid and very little substance, facts and reference being offered to support any of it.  I, for one, am waiting for Adham to actually show some kind of reference to these bans, hazards and so forth.  I suspect the wait will be very long.

In the meantime, I'll leave it to the various forum members to decide for themselves if the things Adham Sharara and the ITTF is saying on this topic seem credible.  From what I've been able to find, it just doesn't add up.

今周流行這個化學字: THALLIUM (Tl)
<-->

Adham is a damn good story teller
wlwlwl
Forehand: inverted
Backhand: Tibhar Grass Dtecs

我地不如都整個聯名信反反佢

其實當初ITTF 提議研究無縫球是因為認為現在用的有縫球的彈性不如無縫球均勻, 但現在看來,  似乎有違初衷, 愈搞愈糟

其實講黎講去都係話賽路珞有起火的風險而被禁用,都係"炒冷飯"的話題~.~
問題的根本就是是"項莊舞劍,意在沛公",易起火其實不是主因.

話要宣傳環保,話舊材料會怕乜怕物,真係多舊魚

引用:
原帖由 niceiceman 於 2013-5-8 10:26 發表
Celluloid is the combination of a relatively low nitrate level nitro cellulose and camphor.  The camphor is what you smell when you break open a ball.

Cellulose fibers are used to make nitrocellulo ...
其實果段野係說明賽路珞係無需要禁,因為實在十分常見,而且危險性極低,只是沙拉拉誇大了賽路珞的潛在危險性及對生態的危害性.

引用:
原帖由 jasonkywong 於 2013-5-9 00:33 發表

其實果段野係說明賽路珞係無需要禁,因為實在十分常見,而且危險性極低,只是沙拉拉誇大了賽路珞的潛在危險性及對生態的危害性.
賽路珞就是樹脂吧? 起碼是天然的, 對生態的危害性遠不及人工合成品合塑膠大吧?

引用:
原帖由 bond 於 2013-5-9 00:40 發表

賽路珞就是樹脂吧? 起碼是天然的, 對生態的危害性遠不及人工合成品合塑膠大吧?
照果段野講,賽路珞就好似係天然樹脂,可以講係"周街都係".
所以危險性理論上不大.

好貴.......
俊俊! XD

又唔見網球羽毛球成日改波,頂龍改規例同先進化即魚眼鏡,國際乒聯真係好擾民
唔該人打應該去反醒自己d器材,訓練方法同技術改良,不是去針對人

[ 本帖最後由 nwa10 於 2013-5-9 14:31 編輯 ]

小弟愚見: 如果主要是改器材規格搵錢和針對一面倒局面, 以前者成份大過後者好多